Your map must appeal to tourist who are visiting the birthplace museum. It must fit onto one side of an 11 x 14 piece of paper. (Ledger paper). It must be colorful and attractive to appeal to tourist who will buy it as an informational reference and/or to display on their wall at home or in the office or classroom.
You map must include these things:
- The explorers name.
- A map of the routes they travelled on their voyages
- At least two illustrations from this list:
- a portrait of the explorer
- a diagram of one of their ships
- a scene showing what happened on their voyage
- A paragraph about their life including why they are important. Use the information in the history book for this.
- Information (either visual or in writing) about the impact of exploration including.
- A product or other thing they may have brought back to Europe
- Something they brought to the Americas
Due to copyright issues, and a very low budget, the company must insist on original work. No part of the project my be copied/printed from the internet or other sources.
Your may choose any of the following explorers:
- Vasco da Gama
- Juan Cabral
- Christopher Columbus
- Ferdinand Magellan
- Hernan Cortez
- Francisco Pizarro
- John Cabot
- Giovanni Da Verrazano
- Henry Hudson
Be sure to tell Mr. Chester whom you have chosen. No more than two groups per person.