For this activity you will research one of the elements S. E. Hinton incorporated into her novel, The Outsiders.
Your project must include visuals and multiple paragraphs. The number of paragraphs is dependent on the topic you choose.
You may present your findings in any format, such as an essay, brochure, presentation, model, or display. You are only limited by your own creativity.
Be sure to include a brief introduction discussing how the element you chose to research is featured in the novel and a brief conclusion summing up your research and giving your final thoughts.
Choose a research topic from the following:
- Tuff cars of the mid-60’s: Corvairs, Mustangs, T-Birds, and Corvette
- Greaser icons: James Dean in Rebel Without a Cause and Marlon Brando in The Wild One
- Music: Elvis, the Beatles, and Hank Williams
- Rodeo Events
- Books: Great Expectations by Charles Dickens and Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell
- Drive-in culture: Movie genres and representative examples from the golden age of the drive-in, the late 50’s to the mid-60’s
- Other topics with teacher approval
Be ready to present your project to the class on February 10.